ITC Category 1 Online
ITC offers certification training to recognised standards and is an accredited Authorised Training Organisation (ATO) for the British Institute of Non Destructive Testing (BINDT) as per the requirements of ISO 18436. BINDT is an accredited certification body offering personnel certification against criteria set out in International and European standards. This course prepares you for qualification as a category 1 certified thermographer. You will learn about the basics of infrared, how to operate the camera under different conditions and for various purposes, how to do an appropriate judgement of the measurement situation in the field and identify potential error sources. You will be able to do IR inspections following written guidelines and to report the result of this inspection.
- Introduction to Thermography: history, benchmarks, applications, camera technology
- Heat & Temperature: heat and measurement, contact vs. non-contact temperature measurement
- Infrared Theory Basics: transmission, reflectivity, emissivity
- Measurement Techniques: reflected apparent temperature, humidity, air temperature
- Basic Heat transfer theory: definition, thermodynamics, conduction, convection, radiation
- Camera Measurement tools
- Camera/Software familiarization
- ITC Certification Test
The online course is a hybrid model and it will be conducted in two separate sessions. The first section is the theory which will be covered in three days via Zoom, the second section which is the practical and exam session will be covered in two days (face-to-face). Once you complete the theory part of the course you will receive a certificate of attendance, you will not receive your certification until you have attended the practical session and passed the end of course exam.
3-days online: EUR 1.000 | GBP 800
2-days practical/exam: EUR 700 | GBP 600