ITC Category 1 Online
NOW AVAILABLE FULLY ONLINE! - visit schedule for dates and times.
This course prepares you for qualification as an ITC Category 1 certified thermographer. ITC is an accredited Authorised Training Organisation (ATO) for the British Institute of Non Destructive Testing (BINDT). This course meets or exceeds the syllabus requirement as stated in the BINDT CMGEN Appendix B. You will learn about the basics of infrared, how to operate the camera under different conditions and for various purposes, how to do an appropriate judgement of the measurement situation in the field and identify potential error sources. You will be able to do IR inspections following written guidelines and to report the result of this inspection.
- Introduction to Thermography: history, benchmarks, applications, camera technology
- Heat & Temperature: heat and measurement, contact vs. non-contact temperature measurement
- Infrared Theory Basics: transmission, reflectivity, emissivity
- Measurement Techniques: reflected apparent temperature, humidity, air temperature
- Basic Heat transfer theory: definition, thermodynamics, conduction, convection, radiation
- Camera Measurement tools
- Camera/Software familiarization
- ITC Certification Test